Remove cooked chicken over a plate to catch the juices QUICKLY slice lengthwise with a knife, and then shred the meat with a fork. Return meat and juices to pot. Add potatoes, corn, and rest of herbs seasonings reserve just a pinch of fresh rosemary ..The Best Homemade Low Sodium Chicken Soup Recipes on water, low fat low sodium chicken broth and more Low Fat Full Flavor Cream of Broccoli Soup AllRecipes..
Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Saut onions and carrots until onions are softened, about minutes. Add mushrooms and mixed herbs, .In medium sized saucepan, boil chicken broth, cup of the milk, and the seasonings for a minute or two. . In a bowl, whisk together the remaining cup of milk and flour..
Related images to How to Make a Low-Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
Hen soup is certainly good for the soul, and cream of hen soup is a favourite. However everyone knows that cream-based soups may be loaded with fats, and canned soup is stuffed with sodium, energy, and preservatives. By cooking a home made low-fat model of cream of hen soup, you possibly can management the components and make a strong however a lot more healthy model.
By substituting fat-free half and half and fat-free milk for the historically used heavy cream, the fats content material is lower down significantly on this recipe. The addition of aromatics, greens, and herbs give the soup a scrumptious steadiness of flavors whereas together with wholesome nutritional vitamins and minerals, and makes it a type of hen pot pie with out the crust. Be happy to alter up the greens to incorporate your favorites. You may as well freeze leftovers–if the soup separates when thawed, merely stir gently over a really low warmth till mixed once more. Serve with some heat whole-grain bread or rolls.
What You may Want
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. dried blended herbs (reminiscent of thyme, basil, oregano, , sage, rosemary)
- 2 cups cooked hen, lower into cubes
- 1 cup peas (contemporary or frozen)
- four cups fat-free, low-sodium hen broth
- 1 cup fat-free half and half
- 1/four cup cornstarch dissolved in 1/four cup fat-free milk
- Salt and pepper to style
How one can Make It
- Warmth oil in a big saucepan or Dutch oven over medium warmth.
- Sauté onions and carrots till onions are softened, about 7 to eight minutes. Add mushrooms and blended herbs, and sauté for five extra minutes.
- Stir in hen and peas, then add hen broth.
- Convey to a boil, then scale back the warmth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add fat-free half and half. Stir in cornstarch combination and proceed to simmer gently for five extra minutes till thickened.
Per Serving: Energy 124, Energy from Fats 21, whole Fats 2.4g (sat zero.6g), Ldl cholesterol 34mg, Sodium 136mg, Carbohydrate 9.6g, Fiber 2g, Protein 16.1g
Price This Recipe I do not like this in any respect. It isn’t the worst. Positive, this may do. I am a fan—would advocate. Wonderful! I adore it! Thanks in your ranking!